loadjava problem

From: Igor TN <itovsto_at_emory.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 20:40:37 -0400

I'm trying to load a java class into the Oracle database and then to use its methods as java stored procedures (Win2000, Oracle 8i server):

loadjava -u scott/tiger_at_localhost:1521:oradb -t -r -v DBGreet.class

Class loads and I get the following message:

initialization complete

creating : DBGreet
resolver :
resolving: DBGreet

Then I connect to the database through the SQL*Plus as a user SCOTT and try to check the status of the loaded class. I see the class only if I use the query "SELECT * FROM ALL_OBJECTS WHERE ..." but not the query "SELECT * FROM USER_OBJECTS WHERE ..." .This is already strange because the class was supposed to be loaded into the schema of SCOTT.

Then I publish the class into the SQL layer (CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE ...) and it works fine. But when I try to call my procedure from SQL*Plus, I get the response "class DBGreet does not exist".

Please, what am I possibly doing wrong?

Thank you very much.
Igor Received on Wed Aug 08 2001 - 19:40:37 CDT