Re: how does oracle know where its configuration is?

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: 8 Aug 2001 08:03:04 -0700

Sybrand did NOT mistype anything. The control files, where Oracle stores all of the database configuration information, ARE listed in the init file specified. The question asked was:

'When the database engine starts up, where does it look for its configuration that tells it where and how the database is laid out? I'm planning to use Oracle on a Solaris box if that matters.'

This information IS found in the control file, NOT the init file.

David Fitzjarrell
Senior Database Administrator