internal error

From: Gary Abbott <snyper_at_uniserve.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 03:10:11 GMT

All,

I have solaris 8 on a sparc, I'm trying to load oracle8i. When I try to run the installer, I get: InternalError: Can't connect to X11 windew server using 'c1583684-a:0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable. I think thats what I named my machine to get onto AT&T cable, the net does work. So, I'm not sure, how do I change my machine name to equal what I think it is? When I do a hostname the next line says unknown. Any help would be helpful, my background is NT. So far, I like Solaris.

--

Gary Abbott
mailto:snyper_at_uniserve.com