Help with temp tablespace problem

From: Stan Brown <stanb_at_panix.com>
Date: 7 Aug 2001 14:48:05 -0400

I'm trying to run a slect that involves an ORDER BY on a table with over 1 million rows.

I originaly got an error message about not being able to extend the TEMP_TS tablespace. So I looked around and found a 500MB tablespace that I had created for a test a while back, and that has since been completly emptied out. I did a ALTER USER to set the user I was runig as temporary tablespce to this tablespace, and thought everything would be fine. Unfortunately, now I am geting this error message:

ORA-01630: max # extents (121) reached in temp segment in tablespace GNUMETRICS_TS

What do I need to do to allow the use of larger temporary segments in this new tablespace?

Oracle 7.3.4, if it matters. Received on Tue Aug 07 2001 - 13:48:05 CDT