Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-06401

From: Jacob Nordgren <jacob_nordgren_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Aug 2001 23:43:13 -0700

I don't understand this error message. Can't find out what I'm doing wrong.
I'm usig Oracle 8.105 on a Linux machine. Everything worked fine when I used thin instead of oci but when I've changed to oci I get this error message.

ORA-06401 NETCMN: invalid driver designator Cause: The login (connect) string contains an invalid driver designator.
Action: Correct the string and re-submit.

I use:
jdbc:oracle:oci8:@alban:1521:mydb

and have also tried:
jdbc:oracle:oci8:@(description=(address=(host=alban)(protocol=tcp)(port=1521))(connect_data=(sid=mydb)))

What's wrong? I don't understand what means with "driver designator".

/ Jacob Received on Tue Aug 07 2001 - 01:43:13 CDT