OWF: Problem of Wrokflow Engine?

From: <herberzh_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 05:15:42 GMT

Hi,

ORACLE claim this is a feature. But it is a feature cause me headache.

ORACLE Workflow's execution engine, considering that there is an external program involved in a process defined in a item type. When start executing that process (ie. WF_ENGINE.Start(...)). When it reaches the external program, it put original process to sleep, until background engine is fired up to wake up sleeping process.

How do I synchronize a process that mixed PL/SQL procedures + java programs
(more that one), as a whole synchronized component (avoid background engine
invocation), other than break it down into pieces?

By the way does any one know that a message send from WF_ENGINE surpose to use the function name (defined in function declaration) as Correlation ID in the message send to ORACLE AQ to be pickup by external program. But as matter of fact it uses Item Type name. Considering each Item Type contains multiple functions (internal and external ones), HOW do I manager these function synchronously to read a activation message from the same queue
(OWF_MGR.WF_OUTBOUND_QUEUE) without interfering each other?

Any one had experience in this area, any comment on ORACLE Integration Server
(Workflow + Message Broker)?