Re: Drop tablespace

From: TurkBear <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 09:52:54 -0500

Well, maybe, ...
If your tablespaces have anything in them, the 'drop tablespace' command will fail unless you use the 'including contents' and, if needed, 'cascade constraints' option.. It certainly will affect your database, since anything in that tablespace will be lost and if you mess up and specify 'system' for instance, your database goes bye-bye..

If the tablespace is empty and not the system one, you can create and drop at will.. ( Note : the datafiles associated with the tablespace are not deleted by that command...Your OS has to do that..)