Re: ORA-00257 error

From: Stephen Ashmore <sashmore_at_neonramp.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 18:06:46 -0000

You need to ensure that the archive_log_dest parameter is actually setset.

Connect to sqlplus (8i) or svrmgrl (7) and either

archive log list

or

show parameters archive

This should show you where you archive logs are being written to.

Stephen C. Ashmore
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Administration http://www.brainbench.com

"Neil Garner" <Jim_at_garner21.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:9kmubn$o8s$1_at_news6.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Please help
>
> I am fairly new to oracle, and appreciate any help or advice anyone can
 give
> me. An ORA-00257 error, archiver error. Connect internal only, until
 freed,
> message has been appearing for the last three days. I have established
 that
> this means the archive_log_dest is full and some space needs to be freed.
 Is