ORA-00257 error

From: Neil Garner <Jim_at_garner21.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 21:30:01 +0100

Please help

I am fairly new to oracle, and appreciate any help or advice anyone can give me. An ORA-00257 error, archiver error. Connect internal only, until freed, message has been appearing for the last three days. I have established that this means the archive_log_dest is full and some space needs to be freed. Is there anything I can do to confirm this?. I have checked the parameter file and the directory it points too, appears to be empty. What file extension is used for this purpose?. If this is the case how case the space be freed up, and is this something I will have to do on a regular basis?

Neil Received on Mon Aug 06 2001 - 15:30:01 CDT