Re: Drop datafile

From: Doug C <dcowles_at_i84.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 23:05:39 -0700

Been there, done this.. If you're in archive log mode, I would suggest putting the file back. alter database create datafile 'etc.,etc.etc.,' and recover it. (which you may need to do even though it is empty)

Basic rule of thumb is once you've added a file to Oracle, leave it there. You won't be doing yourself any favors by playing around. You probably have a 'RECOVER' status in v$datafile for this file or something. It will just make things harder later.