Re: ORA-07445 core dump periodically happen

From: Jingjing Wu <jjwu_at_webfs.com>
Date: 6 Aug 2001 10:48:57 -0700

Hi, Jimmy:

Thank you for your suggestion.
The large pool and shared pool in our database is big enough. I have checked V$SGASTAT, there is a lot of free space for both pools. Even I turn off the MTS to switch to dedicated server configuration, the problem is still there. The resource limit is fine too.

But you say, you ended up increasing the number of threads that each user can have and increasing the number of processes that each user can have. Are you using the parallel server? Since the THREADS in init.ora is only for parallel
server? As I know, we can increse the PROCESSES in init.ora to increase the number of total processes, but how can we increase number of processes that each user can have?

Is it possible the core dump come from the application or oracle bug? Then how can we know this? And how can we find it.

Jingjing