Re: USERs in ORACLE

From: <alex_at_alexnet.fr>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 16:08:04 +0200

system/manager
sys/change_on_install

But don't spend too much time connected like system or sys :-) Use system only to create the first administrator:

alter user sys identified by <new password>;

create user aminadmin identified by <password>; grant dba to aminadmin;

connect aminadmin/<password>
create table ...

Then use sys or system only when asked by the documentation!

Denis ALEXANDRE (Oracle since 1986): alex_at_alexnet.fr AlexNet: http://www.alexnet.fr/