Re: Rename tablespace name.

From: Pete Finnigan <pete_at_peterfinnigan.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 18:43:26 +0100

Hi

the short answer is you cannot. Its on the wish list to add to oracle in the future.

You can do it the hard way, export all of the data, drop the tablepsace, re-create with new name, then import.

You can do it like already said.

OR if you are brave and do without oracle's support you can do it the easy way.

log in as SYS and rename the tablespace name in SYS.TS$ using an UPDATE statement. You need to ensure no users use the tablespace you want to rename as a default tablespace. If they do then update their default tablespaces firts and put back after you have finished.

Oracle do not endorse you doing this tho.

cheers

Pete Finnigan
www.pentest-limited.com

In article <b2b9197f.0108031632.ba6573d_at_posting.google.com>, Ford <get4ked_at_yahoo.com> writes

--
Pete Finnigan