Re: Off-line backup in Windows NT/2K

From: Pieter Claerhout <tsjernochill_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 07:39:48 GMT

Why don't you go with one of the numerous scripting languages that are available on Windows? You could give Python a try for example. I will give you an easy syntax and you'll be able to do lots more than with just batch scripts. It has a very powerful module that enables you to connect to Oracle (called DCOracle) and it would allow you to everything you describe below (and lots more of course).

VBScript together with ADO could also be an option...

Cheers,

Pieter