Re: Server Manager Error

From: Pete Finnigan <pete_at_peterfinnigan.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 21:15:28 +0100

If you are setting up /ect/system it is worth making sure that you have set the priority_paging parameters as well. I had problems with memory on a E4500 with 4 gig of ram 3 tera bytes of disk and a 1 tera byte database. I also locked the sga in core, not possible with init.ora params on sun with oracle 8, so wrote a C program. Mail me privatly if you wnat a copy, also i can give the settings in /etc/system for priority paging.

cheers

Pete Finnigan
www.pentest-limited.com

In article <54X97.8294$b3.2864833_at_feed.centurytel.net>, Sean Fitzgerald <sfitzgerald_at_centurytel.net> writes
>This is a configuration problem. You have not set up Solaris correctly.
>You need to set various shared memory and semaphore parameters in the
>/etc/system file in order to accomodate your init.ora settings. Eventhough
>you have no other application running on the machine, the default Solaris
>settings are set high enough to handle only the smallest Oracle SGA. The
>configuration guide you got with the Oracle Software will give example
>settings of the most critical parameters for your platform.
>"Cameron Abbott" <cvabbott_at_altavista.com> wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>>
>> When tring to do a startup nomount in svrmgr on a Sun server running
 Oracle

--
Pete Finnigan