Re: svrmgrl's passwd

From: Dave Haas <davehaas_at_hotmail.com.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 21:46:02 GMT

Hi all.

Just to clarify one thing. The SYS password and the INTERNAL password are usually not the same. Running an 'alter user sys identified by ...' command has the side effect of changing the internal password. However, to me it seems like a better security system to have the INTERNAL password and the SYS password different. The INTERNAL password should really be changed using the orapwd utility (except on WinNT systems where they seem to want to change the name of the utility every 5 minutes).

Cheers,

Dave Haas