Re: svrmgrl's passwd

From: Michel Gauthier <michel_gaudu_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Aug 2001 11:46:41 -0700

Hi,

My hint might look a little bit simple, but here it is anyway:

Did you set the ORACLE_SID environment variable prior to run svrmgrl? I don't know win 2000 yet, but on WinNT 4, if there is not a default value for this variable and if you omit to specify one, you obtain the same behavior you mentioned in you posting (since svrmgrl cannot identify which instance to connect to).

HTH, Michel