Re: ORA-07445 core dump periodically happen

From: JimmyN1 <jimmyn1_at_aol.com>
Date: 04 Aug 2001 01:45:07 GMT

I had this with MTS on HP. I'm not sure what the sun equivalent kernel parameters are but we did the following:

  1. if you have one defined, monitor your large pool at peak. we used mercury load runner to do this and we increased our shared pool.

select * from v$sgastat;

2) Monitor your resources:

select * from v$resource_limit

Conclusions:

We ended up increasing the number of threads that each user can have

We increase the number of processes that each user can have

We increased our large pool to 500MB

After we did that, our ora-7445 disappeared. Received on Fri Aug 03 2001 - 20:45:07 CDT