Re: executing Sybase procedure from Oracle

From: John Russell <johnrussell10_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:22:50 GMT

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001 08:42:54 +0200, "Billy Verreynne" <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za> wrote:

>"Daniel A. Morgan" <Daniel.Morgan_at_attws.com
>
>> > Can i execute a Sybase procedure from sqlplus ??
>> >
>> > SQL> exec my_proc_at_dblink_sybase ('a','b');
>>
>> AFAIK only if you purchase the Oracle transparent gateway to Sybase.
>>

>Or if you write an Extended Stored Procedure (external DLL on Oracle NT) that
>provides access to Sybase stored procs via ODBC or DBlib.

In 9i, it's also possible to call external procedures on remote machines using the traditional EXTPROC method:

http://download-west.oracle.com/otndoc/oracle9i/901_doc/appdev.901/a88876/adg11rtn.htm#1001153

See description under "Loading External C Procedures" and the example later in the chapter.

John

--
Got an Oracle database question?
Try the search engine for the database docs at: