Sql*load with named piped giving no performance increase. What's wrong?

From: daven <davenport_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1 Aug 2001 16:47:14 -0500

we have a unix shell script that does 2 processes, a cut command of a file (takes out a chuck of a file) and then a execution of sql*loader program that loads the result of that cut.

With out a named pipe process takes ~20 minutes, the cut runs first then the sqlloader program starts after cut finishes

we create a named pipe and then have the cut program feed the sqlloader program we notice that the sqlloader program starts up right away. however the total time is still ~20 are we doing anything worng?

rm -f sanjeev.dat
mknod sanjeev.dat p
cut -c1-10 ../josejn/F_*2.dat > sanjeev.dat & sqlldr m4dwbig/fdsde control=sanctl.ctl log=sanjeev.log Received on Wed Aug 01 2001 - 16:47:14 CDT