Re: file size 2GB limit

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 02:23:53 GMT

You can have a larger than 2 gig datafile on NT on an ntfs file system. It is an os limitation not an Oracle limitation. You don't need a 64 bit version of Oracle to handle datafiles larger than 2 gig. You may want to limit them to 2 gig for other reasons. Why? You might want to for backup and recovery purposes. If you need to restore 1 2 gig file vs 1 10 gig file. The 2 gig might be easier to recover from tape. It is a personal choice.
Jim

"Zhenming Wang" <zmwang_at_sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:xIW97.20729$D55.1549671_at_news20.bellglobal.com...
> I wonder whether NT4.0 NTFS file system supports large file size (>2GB)
> when Oracle server installed on it. Is it NT 32-bit restriction or
 Oracle's