iFS - Changing passwords with XML-

From: LR <lrako_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 31 Jul 2001 04:42:51 -0700

All,

We need to change the passwords of 150 users at once.

Referring to Oracle 9iFS developers reference (page 15-12) we created the following XML file.

<?xml version = '1.0' standalone= 'yes'> <DIRECTORYUSER>
<UPDATE RefType = "Name"> UserName </UPDATE>
<PASSWORD> TheNewPassword </PASSWORD>

</DIRECTORYUSER>

Submitting this XML file to ifsput, an error message says 'ambiguous DISTINGUISHEDNAME'

We have many objects objects having the same name. eg we have a user called 'guest' and a related directory called 'guest'.

My questions are

  1. We are using version 1.1.9.0.7 whereas the doc is for 1.2. Is there incomaptibility ?
  2. Even if it works, does it work also if we want to change 'PASSWORD' ?
  3. Is there any other way to change those passwords

Thanks,

lrako Received on Tue Jul 31 2001 - 06:42:51 CDT