# of db servers

From: John McDowell <john_at_velacarina.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 09:45:26 -0400

I don't know if this is the proper forum to ask this question, but if not maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

My boss has asked me to try to get the number of DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, and Informix database servers that are out there preferably from some authoritative source. If these numbers are not available (and it's likely that they are not) that would be good to know also.

Also acceptable would be numbers that could be derived by some method that gives reasonably good estimations.

John Mc Received on Tue Jul 31 2001 - 08:45:26 CDT