Re: Problem creating stored procedures using OCI

From: Bozo <nobody_at_nospam.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:43:43 GMT

The procedure is exactly as it appears here (except I changed the actual schema and procedure name). Removing the quotes doesn't help. Believe me, I've tried everything I can think of, including using "SCHEMA"."PROCNAME" and "ALTER PROCEDURE SCHEMA.PROCNAME COMPILE". I can't even create a trivial stored procedure using OCI that is marked as Valid. No problem with the same text using SQL*Plus or DBA Studio. Why???

-D

"Ram Lakshminarayanan" <raml_at_india.hp.com> wrote in message
> Do u have procedure name in double-quotes? If so, that may be a problem.
>

> > Thanks, but it doesn't help. I am trying to run the following PL/SQL
 through
> > OCI:
> >
> > CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE schema."PROCNAME" (
> > n_id number,
> > v_name varchar2) AS
> > begin
> > update schema.TABNAME set name=v_name where id=n_id;
> > end;
> >
> > It creates the procedure, but in an Invalid state, and when I run "show
> > errors procedure schema.procname" all I get is this:
> >
> > LINE/COL ERROR

> > 1/32 PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "" when expecting one of the
> > following:
> > <an identifier> <a double-quoted delimited-identifier>
> > current
> >
> > I am logged in as the system user and I'm using Oracle 8.1.5 on Windows
 2000
> > Advanced Server with SQL*Plus 8.1.7. This works if I run it through
 SQL*Plus