Re: DBA activities

From: Steve Bourgeois <sb299_at_netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 13:36:25 GMT

"Paul Redman" <paulredman_at_home.com> wrote in message news:3B61E091.AEDD1AEA_at_home.com...
<snip>
> Your wisdom in this email suggests you are a techie (or have been), or
> maybe an enlightened manager. Unfortunately not all managers have the
> same wisdom. How many times did you see that second type of DBA leave
> and all the problems eventually stopped......the purpose of my email was
> to highlight how some managers MISunderstand what makes a good DBA.

Hey, calling someone a manager isn't necessarily a compliment! ;)

Seriously, I do consulting work and have to do very little management.

I didn't see the entire thread, so I only saw portions of your original post quoted in another. The scary part is that I believe that many managers have no idea if they have a good DBA or not...

Steve