Re: turn off/on case insensetive search in Oracle DBMS

From: Keith Boulton <kboulton_at_ntlunspam-world.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 10:11:26 +0100

In 8i, function-based indexes are available only in the enterprise edition - and it's not worth an extra $500 per client or whatever the difference is now.

Given how trivial it is to implement a case insensitive search and how useful, I'm astonished that Oracle still haven't provided it (too busy writing the world's most resource hungry installer, I guess).

As for readers not blocking writers, that's right, we get ORA-1555 snapshot too old instead.