Solaris memory settings for running multiple Oracle instances

From: Dominiq S <dom_at_simps44.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 01:23:23 +0100

Hi All,
  I am trying to configure a solaris box to allow 2 or multiple Oracle instances to run .Could anyone tell me how to this. Whilst creating another instance on the box which already had an oracle instance running i run into the dreaded end-of-file on communication channel error 'ORA-03113'.After shutting down the existing instance i was then able to create the new instance.
I have a pretty generic settings in my etc/system files , does any one know the right settings or configurations to allow multiple instances to run. Thanks in advance Received on Sun Jul 29 2001 - 19:23:23 CDT