Re: PL/SQL help needed

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 27 Jul 2001 09:18:18 -0500

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com wrote:

> SELECT field1, field2, field3
> FROM (
> SELECT rownum COUNTER, field1, field2, field3
> FROM mytable
> WHERE rownum <= y)
> WHERE COUNTER BETWEEN x AND y;

> Now it is horribly inefficient ... but it does do the job you
> ask.

Don't know the efficiency, but would this be more efficient if you used Tom Kyte's example where he doesn't use a between in the where clause, but a >x?

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:29308::NO::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID,F4950_P8_CRITERIA:555422909506,{rownum}

--
Galen Boyer
It seems to me, I remember every single thing I know.