Change Chracter Set - UTF8 to US7ASCII

From: jp <jpfrancois_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 17:06:56 +0100

Hi,

Is it possible to change the character set of a database from UTF8 back to US7ASCII. We have no data in the database that should use UTF8 - we imported data from a database with US7ASCII character set.

When I try the alter database command I get an error 12712 saying it must be a superset.

I am trying to avoid a restore (large database).

thanks in advance,

JP Received on Fri Jul 27 2001 - 11:06:56 CDT