Re: Oracle Caching

From: Matt Woodworth <woodworth_at_acm.org>
Date: 27 Jul 2001 07:08:18 -0700

Norman,

Thanks you so much for you help. I'm good with the concept of LRU. It's used in operating systems principles as well. I've spoken to some of the oracle experts around here and they seem to think that oracle's use of the cache revolves around the query having a matching explain plan. Have you heard that before?

Also, I'd really like to find the Oracle Concepts Manual. The link you provided, www.docs.oracle.com, didn't work. However, docs.oracle.com worked fine. From there I went to the 8i section to look for it. The closest I could find was Oracle Enterprise Manager Concepts Guide. That wasn't too helpful because it had only five chapters (ie no chapter 6).

Could have have given the wrong name for the guide?

Thanks in advance.