Re: Schedule job to extract data and FTP to other server automatically

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 03:16:24 GMT

Yes, I believe so. Look in the manuals under the pl/sql supplied packages. there is utl_smtp (for sending email)
there is utl_tcp (which could send email or ftp, etc.) there is dbms_jobs for scheduling jobs in the database.

I wouldn't neccessarily create a tab delimited file, maybe just send it directly via ftp. but you can use utl_file to create a file.

Of course, I can think of other ways also, but those should work. Jim