Re: ORACLE 8 ON WIN2000????

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 00:57:42 +0200

"Marc Staheli" <mstaheli_at_mail.sdsu.edu> wrote in message

> I TRIED TO INSTALL ORACLE 8.0.5.0.0 ON WIN2000. I GOT AN ERROR MESSAGE
> DURING INSTALLATION. SOME FILES HAVE BEEN OVERWRITTEN AND MADE WINDOWS
> UNSTABLE.
>
> ANY IDEAS??? DO I NEED TO USE NT INSTEAD OF WIN2K????
>

> MARC

First of all: Get rid of the glue on your caps lock and stop shouting in this group.
If you would have searched the archives instead of shouting you could have known 8.1.6 is the first release certified against Win2k. Might you consider to install 8.0.5 on NT4: Oracle desupported it.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Thu Jul 26 2001 - 17:57:42 CDT