Possible Virus Warning

From: Norman Dunbar <ndunbar_at_lynxfinancialsystems.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 08:14:38 +0100

I got the same - Two from the same guy in South Africa, and another from France.
As part of our company policy on Viruses (how do you spell 'more than one virus' ??), we are required to reply to the sender advising them to clean out their system/that the have a virus, so I did. The French chap had never heard of me, and his system had Norton Virus Guard on it which had already picked it up and cleaned it - so he was confused. I got no reply for SA.

I wonder if these 'senders' have been used by someone else out in the ether to do the sending without any knowledge ?

The attachement has always been a pseudo XL spreadsheet with varying names, but always the double extension '.xls.pif'.

Take care out there, it's not safe anymore.

Regards,
Norman.

PS. All of my messages were titled 'Update2', but the message was the same as Jonathan notes.

Norman Dunbar		EMail:	NDunbar_at_LynxFinancialSystems.co.uk
Database/Unix administrator	Phone:	0113 289 6265
Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.	Fax:	0113 201 7265
			URL:	http://www.LynxFinancialSystems.com