Re: sys gets a lot of its privs through roles?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 23:09:07 +1000

SYS is granted the DBA role upon database creation.

The DBA role contains the entire set of system privileges. So SYS *does* have lots of system privileges, via that one roll. All of 'em, in fact.

Ownership of the data dictionary doesn't give you the right, per se, to create tables and tablespaces etc etc etc., so that doesn't obviate the need for privileges.

Regards
HJR "Joe Kazimierczyk" <joseph.kazimierczyk_at_bms.com> wrote in message news:3B581475.466254C9_at_bms.com...
> Doug C wrote:
> >
> > It appears to me that sys does not have an extremely large amount of
 directly
> > granted system privileges. Sys can grant itself anything of course, but
 quite a
> > few ditties come through roles. Just out of curiousity.. why is this?
 Why