Re: Excellent new book

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_qwest.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 13:00:12 GMT

I have to agree with you about Tom's newest book. I did some technical editing on this book before it went to press. While editing the book, I was exposed to tons of ideas that were new to me. So I learned a lot in the process. And the chapters that were finally printed looked very different from the ones that I reviewed. That just goes to show that Tom not only took the time to write a good tome, but listened to the 17 different reviewers and incorporated their thoughts into the final product. This was the third book that I have reviewed and it was by far the best of the three! It is well written, concise, and has scores of great examples to illustrate the point. Way to go Tom! Most everyone out there would be well served to get a copy of this book.

Just my 3.14159265 cents worth,
Brian Received on Thu Jul 26 2001 - 08:00:12 CDT