Re: How popular is RMAN for backup?

From: Zeyad S <sweidanz_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 17:31:54 +1000

I am not sure if I misunderstood all these discussions or its true that its all about the backup in Oracle? I am new to Oracle coming from Sybase background. Come on guys, its the simplest task in Sybase. Two commands you need to learn to do the hot and the cold backups. Thats simple!!. You can backup to a file or to a tape. So whats all the fuss about the great Oracle then? If a simple task is toooooo complicated in Oracle.
Anyone agrees?