Excellent new book

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 15:19:00 GMT

    If you frequent these Oracle newsgroups you know Thomas Kyte is the guy who always has the right answer. He not only gives you the information but usually attempts to show you, with an example, how you might solve the problem yourself the next time. He never puts anyone down, never rants about how the information was probably in some manual, and never indicates you might have been better off heading down the career track for shepherd rather than DBA.

    So I doubt he's going to brag about his new book, which I picked up yesterday. You've got to get a copy - it's outstanding. I looked up two or three problems that had been bothering me recently and found answers (and examples) for all of them. The title is expert one-on-one Oracle and the ISBN is 1-861004-82-6.

    And while you're at it add a copy of Jonathan Lewis' advanced Oracle book "Practical Oracle 8i" ISBN 0-201-71584-8

Van Received on Wed Jul 25 2001 - 10:19:00 CDT