Re: DBA activities

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 10:08:42 GMT

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001 21:38:45 GMT, Phillip <tienp_at_wholefoods.com> wrote:

>Guys, don't laugh but for some reason the powers that be wants a list of
>the activities of a general DBA. I'm taking it as he wants us to
>justify the position of a DBA, which is laughable, but he's the boss.

Sounds like CV writing time. IME, that is the precedent for "let's change the RDBMS, this one is too expensive because it needs a DBA". One thing follows another and soon the site is taken over by SQL*Server and an army of "cost-effective" MCSEs and third party developers...

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam Received on Wed Jul 25 2001 - 05:08:42 CDT