Temporary Workspace and Archive Logs

From: Jim <jimnmitsy_at_cableone.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:37:55 -0500

We do a lot of number crunching and sorting... and only need a temporary tables to hold the numbers, for sorting and calculations) to print on the report. If the Database failed recovery of these tables is not necessary. I have created the tables like so

CREATE TABLE PTS_INDEX unrecoverable CACHE TABLESPACE data STORAGE (INITIAL 3M) AS SELECT * FROM KCM.PTS_INDEX; kcm.pts_index is just a template, always empty..The calculations run, and insert into PTS_INDEX like normal

      INSERT INTO pts_index
VALUES(sig,TO_CHAR(xdt,'DD-MON-RRRR'),xindex,sel,fund,xdaily,'',rate);

nothing difficult, nothing fancy...
My archive logs are 100MB, usually switching about 1 time every 2 days. When I run this report my archive logs switch about every 4 min while the report is running..

How can I tell oracle this is a temporary table and don't worry about Archiving!!!!??

Thanks in advance

Jim McCraw Received on Tue Jul 24 2001 - 16:37:55 CDT