Re: What is the largest possible segment size and how do I test for it.

From: Yaroslav Perventsev <p_yaroslav_at_cnt.ru>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 10:24:01 +0400

Hello!
The largest possible segment size depend on tablespace free space. If you have tablespaces based on autoextend datafiles, then your segment size practically unlimited.
If you havn't autoextend datafiles (It's right method administration, may be for except SYSTEM tablespace), then size of segment limited by maximiu continuouse sapce in tablespace.

You may test this by:
select next_extent,tablespace_name from dba_segments where segment_name='YOUR_SEGMENT';
after that:
select max(bytes) from dba_free_space where tablespace_name='YOUR_TABLESPACE';
and compare his values.
Your may also connect this into one select if you will intensive use this.

Best regards!
Yaroslav.
Maggie Evans <maggie-evans_at_home.com> ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ × ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ ÓÌÅÄÕÀÝÅÅ:xb877.171642$q51.1424966_at_news1.gvcl1.bc.home.com...