9i Application Server forms problem

From: KC Kyle <kckyle_at_carlson-hsv.com>
Date: 24 Jul 2001 12:51:46 -0700

Getting "ORA-12154:TNS:could not resolve service name" when trying to run local .fmx form. We do not get any errors when running the oracle test.fmx form located in the $ORACLE_HOME/6iserver/forms60 directory. I'm not clear as to what SID the ORACLE_SID variable needs to be set on the application server, icache or the ORACLE_SID on the backend server.

We are running Oracle 9ias version 1.0.2.2 on SuSE 7.2 Linux with jdk1.1.8. The backend database is version 8.1.7 running on Solaris 7.

We are moving this application from a 9ias WIN2000 platform. We have compare/changed variables in the httpd.conf, 6iserver.conf, forms60.cfg, jserv.conf, and jserv.properties

Any suggestions will be appreciated

kc Received on Tue Jul 24 2001 - 14:51:46 CDT