8.1.7 installation on Sun Solaris from gz file

From: Venki Ramachandran <venkir_at_wacsinc.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 09:58:13 -0700

Hi,

I downloaded the latest 817solaris.cpio.gz file form Oracle 's site. I don't have any previous versions of Oracle on my Unix Sun Solaris 5.8 box. First of all 'gunzip' says that it is not in gzip format. I tried 'unzip' and it worked and created the Components dir and the stageInventoryser file. Now what? I do not have any version of runInstaller to install this product. Do I have to get one? I could not find a unix runInstaller under these dirs. There are no documentation to explian this.

Iam new to Unix so this might be a simple question. Help!!

-VR Received on Mon Jul 23 2001 - 11:58:13 CDT