9.0 or 8.2 ?

From: Cristian Veronesi <c.veronesi_at_crpa.it>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 09:21:57 +0200

All the Oracle major releases that I have seen apported one or more big changes to the database infrastructure: Oracle 6 tablespaces, datafiles and declarative constraints, Oracle 7 "real" constraints, stored procedures and triggers, Oracle 8 OO features, Oracle 8i (even if strictly speaking it is not a major release) a Java virtual machine inside the database.
I read a lot of papers about 9i but I'm wondering what's really new with it. A lot of things are "improved", others changed their name, but I'm not able to see something really new. It seems more a 8.2 than a 9.0. Or am I wrong?

Have a nice working week.

Best regards, Cristian

--

Cristian Veronesi ><(((( > http://www.crpa.it

"L'empirismo   una serie di sbagli, e pi  sbagli pi  senti
 che stai crescendo, che vivi." (Luigi Meneghello)