Java Stored Procedure

From: Suko Paul <petek.external_at_infineon.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 16:15:31 +0200

Hi !

I am trying to write to a file with a Java Stored Procedure, and its still not working ...... i don´t know wy??? ( i´m trying now quite for a while ... )
I have SUSE 7.1, Oracle 8.1.6 ...

The Java Class works fine, when executing it from the Command line ... but after loading it in the database, the procedure executed without errors, but nothing is in the file.
I am writing into /tmp so every user should have access to this directory.

I have set the permission ( write, read, execute ) File ... i have also set the utl_file_dir = '*'

can someone help ... need it very urgent

thanks
HP

Code:
import java.io.*;
import java.util.Date;

class starter
{

        public static void main(String args []) throws IOException

{
try
{
PrintWriter log = new PrintWriter(new FileWriter("/tmp/starter.txt",true)); log.println("JavaWriter: " + new Date().toString()); log.flush(); log.close(); } catch ( Exception e)
{
System.err.println("Exc raised " + e); } }