Re: How to check if the Oracle server is running in 64-bit mode.

From: Kevin Grant <K.Grant_at_mailbox.gu.edu.au>
Date: 23 Jul 2001 04:59:51 GMT

lmcstmc_at_lmc.ericsson.se (steve) wrote in news:bdd5c887.0107190808.32aefabb_at_posting.google.com:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running Oracle 8.1.7 on Solaris 8 and am having trouble creating an
> SGA of 2 Gigs. There is enough physical memory and /etc/system
> parameters are correctly set (e.g. SHMMAX). metalink notes seem to
> indicate that a change to sgabeg parameters will fix the problem
>
> I have 2 Questions:
>
> 1) How can I tell if the Oracle server is running in 64-bit mode.
> There is no indication in the output of, for example, svrmgrl. Is
> there a way? Is there a command I can run?

On our Sun box running Solaris 8 and Oracle 8.1.7:

$ cd /u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/bin
$ file oracle
oracle: ELF 32-bit MSB executable SPARC Version 1, dynamically linked, not stripped

You'll note that we are running 32 bit.

We recently tried to get hold of a 64bit version of 8.1.7 for Solaris without success. We were told we could have 8.1.6, but that 8.1.7 was still unavailable.

Kev.

--
Kevin Grant
K.Grant_at_mailbox.gu.edu.au