ASP, Oracle & Fox Pro knitting it all together?

From: Doug Clark <Doug_at_NoStinkingSpam.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 15:47:57 -0700

Hi All,

Here's my problem, I have multiple projects with identical database structures within Oracle 8.04.
Mirroring the data in Oracle there are multiple Fox Pro databases in different but predictable places on the network based on the project to which they below.

Using an ASP page I am attempting to compare a record set extracted from the Oracle database with one extracted from the relevant Fox Pro database. To do this I'm using a series of "If" statements.

This seems cumbersome to me (and slow there are often 10,000+ records coming out of Oracle). Is there any way I can examine the Fox Pro data from within Oracle?

I like the ASP concept as I can connect to Oracle correctly and find the Fox Pro data automatically based on the project number. So Ideally I don't want to mess too much with the standard project Oracle structure as this will have to been maintained as new projects come along. Am I asking too much of the ASP?

Thanks for any advice you can offer on this.

Doug. Received on Sun Jul 22 2001 - 17:47:57 CDT