Re: IBM : ***Please stop this *****

From: Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 08:55:49 -0400

Hi Jock,

The same thing happens, just revers, in the DB2 and the Informix newsgroups.
See my exchanges with Mark T., who is an Oracle emp, on c.d.ibm-db2

Aside from that the last post on that matter here that I remember was on 7/13
"White Paper comparing Oracle and DB2" and neither Oracle nor IBM fans took the bait. The previous thread two weeks earlier ended with a debate about bike paths to Redwood Shores, compared to Toronto ;-)

We DB2 developers tend to only jump into the ring when users pick up grossly false marketing messages from the Oracle website. When posters stop believing everything that's posted on any given website without reflection, there is no need for others to set the record straight.

I think this is a natural reaction. Noone likes to be badmouthed, independend on who they work for.

Cheers
Serge Received on Sun Jul 22 2001 - 07:55:49 CDT