Newbie question

From: Bill <email_at_nospam.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 14:45:55 +0200

Hi,

I just installed Oracle 8i Entreprise Edition on my NT PC. I've already worked on several DBMSs and I want to look at Oracle now. -The installation went fine, and I managed to access the server via the DBA Studio.

I have a problem with Enteprise Manager Console. I've tried the username sysman (oem_temp) to log on but I got the error: VTK-1000, cannot connect to the server (note that for the moment I just wanna use the same PC for Server & Client tasks).

Does anybody know what's wrong?

cheers
Guillaume Received on Sun Jul 22 2001 - 07:45:55 CDT