Re: Need to borrow your office for work expriences!

From: Douglas N. Crouse, Jr. <hester_a_at_prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 19:28:54 GMT

To make things worst yet.... I have 13 years of experience in everything from basic, cobol, fortran, c.... all the way through java, c++, & perl.... I am a certified MCSD, and a certified NPE (Novell Network Program Engineer). I get the exact opposite response from employers, since I don't have that silly piece of paper; BSCS, I am considered under qualified.

I have over 25 letters of reference including; job references, and personal references. The positions I have had in past usually required me to work 60+ hour work weeks on multiple project simultaniously.

Truthfully your problem isn't your lack of "exact" experience... Its you're over qualified for the salaries the market is paying currently. Why hire someone they KNOW will leave for more money in a year or so....when they can hire a freshman that can't leave for at least 3-5 years.

Douglas N. Crouse, Jr.
Old School Programmer

captin_marsh_at_hotmail.com