Re: How not to generate information of rollback?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:22:32 GMT

<none_at_inet.org> wrote in message news:3b403b22.5757418_at_news.mundo-r.com...
> For example, for a import or a massive update, I donĀ“t generate
> rollback information...
>
> like this?
>
> COMMIT;
> SET TRANSACTION READ ONLY;
> COMMIT;
>

> thanx for your help!!!

If you set your transaction to read only you won't be able to insert or update anything.
You can't turn off the rollback mechanism, as it is one of the core elements of Oracle.
In a properly configured system, there is also no need to turn rollback off. From the nature of your question I urge you to read the Oracle Concepts Manual.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 16:22:32 CDT